SHS 2011 HOME
LIST OF PLENARY SPEAKERS:
Date updated: 4 August 2011
Plenary Speakers (alphabetically):
- Irena Gotman, Dept of Materials Engineering, Technion University, Israel, "Medical implant materials with designed microstructure and controlled biological and mechanical properties"
- Thomas Katsaros, Byzantine Museum, Greece, “Materials Technology in Ancient Greece. A Lost Art Rediscovered” "A fresh point of view on Ancient Greek technological achievements, from everyday crafts up to high Innovation”
- Jean-Marie Muylaert, von Karman Institute for Fluid Dynamics, Belgium, “Characterization of Advanced Thermal Protection Systems for Spacecraft Using Plasma Facilities: Facilities Overview and Critical Issues and Challenges”
- Osamu Odawara, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan, “SHS Research and International Collaboration on In-situ Resource Utilization beyond Low-Earth Orbit”
- Steven Son, School of Aeronautics & Astronautics, Purdue University, USA, “Combustion Synthesis of Metal Foams”
- Boris P. Tolochko, Institute of Solid State Chemistry and Mechanochemistry, Novosibirsk, Russia, “New Perspectives of time-resolved Investigations of SHS at new synchrotron radiation sources” (with A. S.Rogachev, M.R.Sharafutdinov)
- George Vekinis, Institute of Materials Science, NCSR Demokritos, Greece, "Strategy development for the transfer of new technologies to industry: converting a clever Invention to a valuable Innovation"
- Galina Xanthopoulou, Institute of Materials Science, NCSR Demokritos, Greece, "“Combustion synthesis of materials addresses current and future industrial challenges”