XI International Symposium on Self-Propagating High Temperature Synthesis
5 - 9 September 2011
EDEN Beach Resort Hotel, Anavyssos, Attica, GREECE
Welcome to the Home Page of the XI International Symposium on SHS!
Registration Deadline: 1 July 2011
Abstract Submission: 31 March 2011
Acceptance notification: 15 April 2011
List of Registered Attendees FINAL!
SHS2011 Declaration NEW!
Symposium Programme FINAL!! Rev1 pdf
Book of Abstracts (pdf)
SHS2011 PHOTOS! NEW!
Website hosted by:
Institute of Materials Science,
Latest Update: 09-10-2011
The XI International Symposium on Self-Propagating High Temperature Synthesis follows on from the very successful 10 previous Symposia held in Kazakhstan (1991), USA (1993), China (1995), Spain (1997), Russia (1999), Israel (2002), Poland (2003), Italy (2005), France (2007) and Armenia (2009).
The XI Symposium will take place during the week of 5 - 9 September 2011 at the EDEN Beach Resort Hotel, at Anavyssos, Attica, Greece, near Athens.
The Aim of the Symposium
The general aim of SHS 2011 is to address both the fundamentals and the applications of self-propagating high-temperature synthesis of materials and their processing.
· To review the state of the art of SHS globally with regard to materials design, SHS processing and applications.
· To share ideas, new SHS approaches and emerging SHS technologies to enable more effective SHS penetration in various fields of manufacture.
· To serve as a platform for initiating discussions on innovative SHS methodologies and techniques.
· To involve young scientists and engineers and promote continued development in the field of SHS, both in fundamental studies and in applied areas.
· To foster international collaboration among the communities of scientists, engineers, and technologists working on SHS.
1) Combustion theory and modelling
2) Structural Macrokinetics of SHS processes
3) Chemistry and Technology of SHS processes
4) SHS of advanced materials: nanomaterials, metals, ceramics, intermetallics, composites, etc.
5) Non–conventional SHS processes: New methods and applications
6) Industrialization of SHS
The topics will be addressed in invited plenary lectures, keynote lectures, selected oral presentations and poster sessions.
Special sessions will address “Industrialization of SHS”, young researchers' work (including a “Student Poster Competition”).
Finally, round table discussions will be held to discuss the latest trends and developments on SHS and the ways forward.
|For any comments on the website please contact the SHS2011 Secretariat at: firstname.lastname@example.org|